Creativity is innate for some people, a complete mystery to others… but are there such things as creative people? We came across an article in the Huffington Post:
which picks out characteristics and qualities of creative people:
- they daydream.
- they observe everything.
- they work the hours that work for them.
- they take time for solitude.
- they turn life’s obstacles around.
- they seek out new experiences.
- they “fail up.”
- they ask the big questions.
- they people-watch.
- they take risks.
- they view all of life as an opportunity for self-expression.
- they follow their true passions.
- they get out of their own heads.
- they lose track of the time.
- they surround themselves with beauty.
- they connect the dots.
- they constantly shake things up.
- they make time for mindfulness.
This list has been expanded into the new book, “Wired to Create: Unravelling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind,” by Carolyn Gregoire and Scott Barry Kaufman.
Are you creative? How many ticks do you have on this list? Richard and Lois are creative…
Find Richard’s books here:
…and Lois’s here: